Broken Spanish translation

The dedicated forum for PCMan File Manager - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/PCManFM
David

Broken Spanish translation

Post by David »

Hi. I use arch linux 64 bits with lxde in Spanish. pcmanfm 1.0 were completely translated to Spanish, but I've just updated to pcmanfm 1.1 and now lots of items are in English: New tab, create new, close window, rename, move to, copy to, preferences, ... and lots of items remains in Spanish: Nueva ventana, cerrar pestaña, cortar, copiar, pegar, eliminar, seleccionar todo, invertir selección...

I don't know if this a pcmanfm or an arch issue. I've re-run locale-gen (my language is es_ES.UFT-8) but nothing has changed. Any idea to solve this? Thanks.
Rex Bouwense

Re: Broken Spanish translation

Post by Rex Bouwense »

What luck. Part in English and part in Spanish. Is PCManFM functioning correctly except for the English where there should be Spanish? Did you try to re-start PCManFM? Have you tried to re-install PCManFM? I know they are stupid questions but we have to have a starting place.
Rex
Fitoschido

Re: Broken Spanish translation

Post by Fitoschido »

I have noticed that too. The problem is very simple: as LXDE lacks a web-based tool for translators to update their translations, by the time PCManFM 1.1 was released nobody could update the Spanish translation. (However, anyone could create a patch and send it to the repository). That’s why the program is partly shown in English.