The dedicated forum for PCMan File Manager - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/PCManFM
andlinux

Copy/paste menu not working on remote share

Post by andlinux »

Hi,

I have 2 small problems with PCManFM,
since I upgraded from Xubuntu 12.04 to 13.04 I encounter some problems
that I didn't had in 12.04.

I have some network shares here in my local network and I use samba to connect to them.
There's no problem to see the files, but when I want to copy or cut a file then I don't see these options in my menu when I press the rightMouseButton.
The Menu I get is totally different.

On a network share then I see in the menu (I translated this from my language I use):

Open in New Tab
Open in New Window
Open in terminal
Open With...
Properties

So this is what I get when I click on a file or directory.

In the past I didn't had that.

And another problem is when I use my keyboard to copy/paste something on a network share, and that file has a space in the filename then it puts some extra symbols in it.
For example: arduino lessons.txt arduino%2520lessons.txt
Now I see that I does this also when I want to rename the file arduino%20lessons.txt, the text that is bold was added by pcmanfm.

I use PCManFM because Thunar gives me problems when I want to stream an mp3 or a movie, vlc opens but nothing happens although I see the kbyte's are coming in.

How can I solve these problems ?
LStranger

Re: Copy/paste menu not working on remote share

Post by LStranger »

Second problem should be fixed already in version 1.1.1. Ask ubuntu at launchpad to backport it to 13.04. First problem will be fixed in 1.2 version and until that you can use main menu of PCManFM, or just use either keyboard combinations or drag and drop with standard modifications if required (Shift for move, Ctrl for copy).