PCManFM Script Issue

The dedicated forum for PCMan File Manager - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/PCManFM
rweo

PCManFM Script Issue

Post by rweo »

I want to use PCManFM in a script in Lubuntu.

I want the script to 'WAIT' for the user to exit PCManFM before execute the next statement in the script.

How can I do that ?

It appear that PCManFM runs as a daemon once it is launched.
Rex Bouwense

Re: PCManFM Script Issue

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Please don't double post. I deleted your other thread. We are a small forum with even fewer active members so it may take a while to get a response. You may want to bump your thread to call attention to your problem or question again.
Rex
rweo

Post by rweo »

OK, sorry on the double post.

I discovered something interesting. I launched pcmanfm from a terminal window, then used pidof to find the process number of the pcmanfm.

Then I kill pcmanfm. My desktop icons disappeared. Those are displayed by pcmanfm, so I killed both instances of the pcmanfm, I guess it is really one process.

After having killed the PCManFm process, further launch of PCManFM does wait until the window is manually closed.

That is the behavior I am looking for. So, the problem is related to the fact that I have PCManFM managing my desktop.

If I could launch a 'new instance' of PCManFM, I might get a new process, and then the PCManFM running in the new process would behave as I want it to.
LStranger

Post by LStranger »

No, it is a design issue, PCManFM is always works as only single process, any other execution of PCManFM just forwards its arguments to the process that is already running.