PCManFM 0.9.10 -> 1.2.1 Upgrade

The dedicated forum for PCMan File Manager - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/PCManFM
teej

PCManFM 0.9.10 -> 1.2.1 Upgrade

Post by teej »

Hello!

I've recently upgraded PCManFM from version 0.9.10 to version 1.2.1 and I now have two issues which I haven't been able to solve.

1) I used to specify the location of desktop icons with the file ~/.config/pcmanfm/LXDE/desktop-items-0.conf. Now, that file is overwritten/replaced by pcmanfm when it starts. The new file does not contain the location of the desktop icons, and as a result all the icons are in a colum on the left side of the screen. How do I specify the location of desktop icons with the new version? Is there a system file I need to edit somewhere?

2) If a letter key is pressed while on the desktop, a text box appears in the upper right hand corner of the screen. This textbox is identical in appearance to the textbox which appears in the lower right hand corner of a pcmanfm window when a letter key is pressed. If a filename or part of a filename is entered into this textbox, the file icon with that name becomes highlighted. How do I disable this feature on the desktop?
teej

Re: PCManFM 0.9.10 -> 1.2.1 Upgrade

Post by teej »

This is superceded by a duplicate post in PCManFM (http://forum.lxde.org/viewforum.php?f=22). This thread can be erased if that one is approved.

I've figured out item 1; only item 2 remains an outstanding issue.
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Thread moved to PCManFM. Great that you have solved one of your problems. It would also be great if you would post your solution for those who come after us who may have the same problem.

By the way, you didn't mention if you have the full install of LXDE or just PCManFM (plus dependencies) on your Operating System. I am not sure that it makes any difference. I was just curious.
Last edited by Rex Bouwense on Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Additional information
Rex
teej

Post by teej »

Alas, I haven't *completely* fixed item 1.

My attempted fix was to add the contents of the desktop-items-0.conf file that pcmanfm generates to my version which specifies the location of the desktop icons. These contents look like:
[*]
wallpaper_mode=tile
wallpaper_common=1
wallpaper=...

Adding that to the top of my file fixes the issue for a single monitor configuration. However the problem is that doing the same thing for the file desktop-items-1.conf file does not cause the icons to appear in the correct locations on the second monitor. The file is overwritten when switching from a mirrored configuration to a dual monitor configuration with xrandr.

I've tried out some of the suggestions in the PCManFM Setup page's (http://wiki.lxde.org/en/PCManFM#Setup) Multiple monitor setup section with no success.
LStranger

Post by LStranger »

I would suggest you again the same thing - if you consider something a bug then don't hesitate to write a bugreport to the tracker, please. And if contents of file are reset then it is definitely a bug, that should never happen. Write a bugreport, please, describing what you did and what you get, then we will fix it ASAP. Thank you.

About your second issue - no, that fast-find feature cannot be disabled currently. You noticed it right - it is the same feature as in PCManFM regular window. If you want to be able to disable it then write a feature request on the tracker. The forum is not a place for such requests. Thank you.