Restoring tabs from previous session

The dedicated forum for PCMan File Manager - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/PCManFM
mangodurian

Restoring tabs from previous session

Post by mangodurian »

I'm an ubuntu newbie.. just installed 14.04 .. And the latest version of PCManFM ..

I've been used to using windows 7 and explorer++

When I use the PCMan file manager, I have about a dozen tabs open at once. These tabs I'd like to leave permanently open. Is there any way I can get PCManFM to remember them, so that if I close the manager and reopen it, they are all still open, just as I left it in the previous session?
Rex Bouwense

Re: Restoring tabs from previous session

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the LXDE forum. PCMan FM has a bookmark feature now. You can bookmark any file and it will appear in the left hand column under Bookmarks. Is this what you are looking for?
Rex
mangodurian

Post by mangodurian »

Rex Bouwense wrote:Welcome to the LXDE forum. PCMan FM has a bookmark feature now. You can bookmark any file and it will appear in the left hand column under Bookmarks. Is this what you are looking for?
that's handy, but not really what I was after.. I'd just like to be able to close it, and next time I open it for all the same tabs to STILL be open.. so it looks like it did last time it was used.. with bookmarks it'd take too much clicking.. i always have the same 12 to 15 tabs open.. maybe this is not (yet) a feature with pcmanfm ..?
seppalta

Post by seppalta »

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
pcmanfm  "file:/home/me/bin" &
pcmanfm  "file:/home/me/downloads" &
pcmanfm  "file:/home/me/images" &
exit
Replace "me" by the name of your home directory. Save as ~/bin/pcmanfm.sh and put ~/bin/pcmanfm.sh in your system's autostart file (see http://lxlinux.com/#4 for autostart information). You can put as many folders in the script as you like. If you want files opened in separate windows, use the command

pcmanfm --new-win "file:/home/me/bin"
If you want to launch with a keybinding, edit the application section of ~/.config/openbox/rc.xml to contain the following:

<keybind key="W-y">
      <action name="Execute">
        <startupnotify>
          <enabled>true</enabled>
          <name>pcmanfm.sh</name>
        </startupnotify>
        <command>/home/me/bin/pcmanfm.sh</command>
      </action>
    </keybind>
Here I used "super+y". You can, of course, use other combinations not already used.
drooly

Post by drooly »

good one, seppalta, but more of a workaround. and what if the tabs aren't always the same...

mangodurian, i'm about 95% sure that the answer is no.

spacefm, a fork of pcmanfm, has this feature. (it's rather dormant atm, but still quite usable. if you try it, try to use it without udevil, it should tie in nicely with your other lxde components.)
riveravaldez

Post by riveravaldez »

Hi, I'm just another lover of LXDE and PCManFM who also wants the last one to save the session (tabs) after closing the program and re-opening.
Is there any place where we could ask for such feature for future versions/releases?, I guess that would be something really useful and not hard to code.
Thanks a lot!
riveravaldez

Post by riveravaldez »

Hi again, I've just seen this, http://forum.lxde.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=36662#p49463

So, this would be the place?, https://sourceforge.net/p/pcmanfm/featu ... rce=navbar

Thanks a lot!
drooly

Post by drooly »

yes.