PCManFM does not start for regular user

The dedicated forum for PCMan File Manager - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/PCManFM
asterkin

PCManFM does not start for regular user

Post by asterkin »

Hi!

I have a strange problem with PCManFM which is consistent in all thre environments which I tried: lubuntu-desktop + lxde-core, lxde, and lxde core.

The only way to launch PCManFM is either gksu pcmanfm or sudo pcmanfm. In the latter case I get the following messages:

** (pcmanfm:7354): WARNING **: terminal x-terminal-emulator isn't known, consider report it to LibFM developers

** (pcmanfm:7354): WARNING **: modules directory is not accessible

(pcmanfm:7354): IBUS-WARNING **: The owner of /home/face6-admin/.config/ibus/bus is not root!

As the consequence I cannot launch pcmanfm from command line (nothing happens) neither from the Launch Bar, start menu or context menu on desktop. In all these cases a "zombie" pcmanfm process is created but nothing happens.

In my current environment I installed lubuntu-desktop+lxde-core on the top on Ubuntu 14.04 which runs on Azure cloud. I communicate with the desktop vi x2go over ssh2 (not sure it's related).

LXDE is currently my preferred environment for cloud desktop visualization, but this pcmanfm problem holds me from the final approval.

Any ideas where to look at?

Regards,
Asher