PCManFM 1.2.3 in Lubuntu 14.04 LTS

The dedicated forum for PCMan File Manager - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/PCManFM
flaneur

PCManFM 1.2.3 in Lubuntu 14.04 LTS

Post by flaneur »

Does anyone know if PCManFM 1.2.3 will run on 14.04 LTS (which comes with 1.2.0 by default)?

I see https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-dev/+arc ... untu-daily has PCManFM 1.2.3 but will I be able to have only that (and of course dependencies) without all the other programs listed on that page?

If it is possible via ppa or by any other way, please explain how.

Or will Lubuntu 14.04 LTS users get PCManFM 1.2.3 in due course?
LStranger

Re: PCManFM 1.2.3 in Lubuntu 14.04 LTS

Post by LStranger »

You certainly can use only selected applications from PPA, there is no need to upgrade them all. Although I think upgrading all is safe, you'd get other LXDE applications fixed as well, you still can select to upgrade only chosen one, just don't do complete upgrade but select wanted packages in the program such as aptitude or synaptic.
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

You may or may not have problems if you install PCManFM 1.2.3 on your 14.04 system. Patches are made to the 1.2.0 version that came by default with your install. Some people have had success with installing one application, LXPanel for instance and others have not. The reason why PCManFM 1.2.3 has not been offered as an upgrade may be that it hasn't been completly tested. The Lubuntu Team is not a super large team and neither is the LXDE development team.
Rex
LStranger

Post by LStranger »

Actually it is completely safe to upgrade both LibFM and PCManFM from Lubuntu-dev PPA, it's what I always do on each fresh install as it's better to get recent bug fixes to older distribution rather than use not fixed version. Thank you.