Flickering and thumbnail problems

The dedicated forum for PCMan File Manager - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/PCManFM
Faethair

Flickering and thumbnail problems

Post by Faethair »

I'm having two problems. The first is a somewhat frequent flickering, and the second is some thumbnails being smaller than others (an example of which can be seen in the attachment).

I'm running Manjaro with i3 (i3-gaps specifically).
Attachments
screenshot.1567220113.jpg
(306.28 KiB) Not downloaded yet
drooly

Re: Flickering and thumbnail problems

Post by drooly »

Flickering in pcmanfm? Not sure what to make of this. Better problem description? What distro? Compositor?

Thumbnails: in pcmanfm? They are huge. That's intentional I suppose.
Try

Code: Select all

rm -rf ~/.thumbnails/*
edward

Post by edward »

I have a Samsung 22" that defaults to 1920x1080 (...) The video is an on-board Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Last edited by drooly on Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited version - original post destroyed by drooly
Debian Sid - LXDE
drooly

Post by drooly »

Hello edward, I am a moderator here and accidentally edited your post instead of quoting it.
Now I cannot remember anymore what you originally wrote, and cannot restore it anymore.
The bits of original text I still remember, I left there.
I am very sorry.
edward

Post by edward »

drooly wrote:Hello edward, I am a moderator here and accidentally edited your post instead of quoting it.
Now I cannot remember anymore what you originally wrote, and cannot restore it anymore.
The bits of original text I still remember, I left there.
I am very sorry.
I have a Samsung 22" that defaults to 1920x1080 resolution. The video is an on-board Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430, using the "nouveau" driver. I experienced a lot of flickering at that monitor resolution as it was booting up and on the lightdm login screen. This oddly began with the 5.2 Linux kernel. If I reduced the session resolution, the flickering stopped. I also switched the desktop manager from lightdm to lxdm and the flickering also stopped on the login screen.

As the system was purchased in 2009 (it still runs great), my thinking is that the GPU, being from 10+ years ago, might not be handling the larger resolutions we have today, easily.
Debian Sid - LXDE