Mount all devices and shw them on side panel

The dedicated forum for PCMan File Manager - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/PCManFM
black-clover

Mount all devices and shw them on side panel

Post by black-clover »

Hello,

I'm working on a small remaster based on antiX core.
The setup for mounting disks is basically the same on my Debian Testing box:
Jwm, Pcmanfm, udisks2, gvfs.
However, something is not working properly.
All the disks appears in /media, and I can access them with other apps like leafpad, but they do not appear in Pcmanfm devices side menu.
I can open the devices from /media,but only after I accessed the device with another app, say opened a text file on/ /media/sda5 with leafpad.
I have tried to tinker with the setting but to no avail.
I'm aware this is soething that comes up often but couldn't find the right information with a search.
Any pointers?
black-clover

Re: Mount all devices and shw them on side panel

Post by black-clover »

for those interested.
I finally got pcmanfm to work as I wished it to.
This was an antix remaster and I was informed antix CLI automounting scripts might conflict with pcmanfm.
First, I removed antix automounting scripts.
I added dbus to .xinitrc
Then I compared dbus, polkit-1, gvfs, and udisks2 setup in /etc, /usr/bin and /usr/share on a non-systemd distro with pcmanfm working as I wanted it to (Slitaz) with my antiX setup, adding or modyfing the filed that were different.
Lo and behold, now my remaster has pcmanfm mounting all disks and USB drives at boot and shows them in the side panel.
Coen Naninck

Post by Coen Naninck »

PCManFM can be iffy like that. When I reinstall my system (i.e. formatting the drive and installing anew) I have to reboot in order for it to mount external drives.
drooly

Post by drooly »

Coen Naninck wrote:PCManFM can be iffy like that. When I reinstall my system (i.e. formatting the drive and installing anew) I have to reboot in order for it to mount external drives.
Wouldn't it be easier to restart pcmanfm ;)
It's more likely to be the underlying gvfs at fault here anyhow, not pcmanfm.
And I have never experienced anything like it.
Coen Naninck

Post by Coen Naninck »

Hmm, good one! I'll try that next time I reinstall. Thanks!
learning wizard

Post by learning wizard »

black-clover wrote:for those interested.

First, I removed antix automounting scripts.
I added dbus to .xinitrc
Then I compared dbus, polkit-1, gvfs, and udisks2 setup in /etc, /usr/bin and /usr/share on a non-systemd distro with pcmanfm working as I wanted it to (Slitaz) with my antiX setup, adding or modyfing the filed that were different.
I have the same problem with openbox + pcmanfm in a full antix release. I would really like to use them as my default configuration since it's the one I'm used to. So could you give me more details about your fixes? What are antix automounting scripts? How do I add dbus to .xinitrc? does .xinitrc work in a full antix distro? Finally, could you post the /usr/bin/* and /usr/share/* files you compiled to let me give them a try?

Thanks in advance