Disable smooth scrolling in PCManFM

The dedicated forum for PCMan File Manager - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/PCManFM
thedoctar

Disable smooth scrolling in PCManFM

Post by thedoctar »

I just installed Lubuntu 20.04; loving it, but I hate smooth scrolling. Is there any way to disable it in PCManFM? Thanks.
drooly

Re: Disable smooth scrolling in PCManFM

Post by drooly »

I have no idea; but just for your information, Lubuntu now uses LXQt, and not LXDE anymore.
So you need to check for pcmanfm-qt's options
NiaBrowns

Post by NiaBrowns »

Okey, I clarify that I'm using Lubuntu 20,04, I downloaded it from official page it says that it has LTS until 2023, so is Lubuntu 20,04 official and question is about scrolling on pcmanfm-QT. Yep, 20.04 & 20.04.1 are official and not development software (20.04.2 currently is development until it's currently unscheduled release in 2021). Have you looked at the Lubuntu manual on mouse scrolling . On Lubuntu-lxqt with pcmanfm-qt, I was investigating and there are one option with keyboard to scroll fast (no perfect solution but it works), solution is that when you are scrolling you can press SHIFT on your keyboard and it is fast. You may already know this, pcmanfm used GTK2 libraries and is ~EOL; the developer (pcman) ported it GTK3 but it was slower & heavier (GTK3 is), so it was then ported to Qt5 where pcmanfm-qt is currently. It's quite possible that what you're after was easy on GTK(2/3) but dropped on Qt5 as it was required complete re-write thus dropped paper writing help to help with my dissertation. You could try another OS that has LXQt (eg. opensuse tumbleweed has LXQt 15.1) and if it's identical there (I bet it is), file it as a request upstream on LXQt's github (I never used the feature so aren't 100% sure on it sorry)
Last edited by NiaBrowns on Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Yes, Lubuntu 20.04 is the official LTS release and the download page is https://lubuntu.me/downloads. This forum however is about the desktop environment lxde. Thank you for your information though.
Rex
drooly

Post by drooly »

NiaBrowns wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:21 amYou may already know this, pcmanfm used GTK2 libraries and is ~EOL; the developer (pcman) ported it GTK3 but it was slower & heavier (GTK3 is), so it was then ported to Qt5 where pcmanfm-qt is currently.
This is not true per se.
The GTK3 version of pcmanfm is alive and well and not at all slower or heavier.
The GTK2 version is currently at the same version as the GTK3 version; it's not EOL, and neither is GTK2 itself.
Qt has not "replaced" the GTK versions in any way.