PCManFM feature request

The dedicated forum for PCMan File Manager - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/PCManFM
BrainWorker

PCManFM feature request

Post by BrainWorker »

Hello, people. This is my first message on this forum. :)
I recently installed Arch Linux and also a lot of different file managers to compare. None of them fits me. Every has its own plus and minus.

So, now I would like to say about some features I don't see in PCManFM yet (... or maybe they exist but I don't know how to enable them)

I almost always browse directories in detailed view.

1) Size of files in a table is indecated in so-called "human-readable" form - approximation with KB, MB, GB endings. How can I switch it to view exact sizes in bytes, i.e. 12 345 678 instead of 11.77 MB ?

2) Where is column with file/directory permissions? It is very convinient to see permissions right here.

3) Although I cant see permissions I can change them. But here is another problem. How can I change execute permissions for owner, group and others separately? It seems to be only one checkbox "Make executable" which set execute bit for everybody.

Why not making convinient opportunity to change any bit I am allowed to. Like on this picture

4) I made screenshot of my file properties window. What is the "---" item there?

Don't worry it is in Russian language. And I am Russian person :)

The first item here "Read and write", then "Only read", then "Only write", then "Nothing", and then "---". Once again - what is it?

------------------------------

That's it for now. If I have another questions I will ask them later.
BrainWorker

Re: PCManFM feature request

Post by BrainWorker »

Any ideas how to configure PCManFM? At least how to show exact size of files? Or should I wait final release PCManFM 1.0 ?
Korrode

Post by Korrode »

I also would really appreciate the option of turning a permissions column on when in Detailed List View (like PCManFM 0.5.x)... This is important enough to me that i'm looking at other file managers, or may roll back to 0.5.x.

I also would prefer to be able to set execute bit for each access type (owner/group/other) (again like PCManFM 0.5.x), though this is less important for me than a permissions column.

The new PCManFM is nice, great work truly, it's just these couple of features that are sorely missed. ;p
secipolla

Post by secipolla »

I don't see any problem with the current permissions dialogue. We either set a file to be readable, writable or both. And there's the 'make executable' checkbox. There's nothing else to be done (except advanced properties).