2X Client

The standard session manager used by LXDE - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXSession
rocketrrt

2X Client

Post by rocketrrt »

Hello,

When using a 2X client application, when you minimize it you can not Maximize or restore it. It shows as running, you just can not Maximize. The screen pops for a 1/2 second and goes back to minimized state This is happening on ubuntu 10.4.4 and 12.4 when using LXDE. It works fine with KDE, XFCE, and GNOME. only having this problem with LXDE.

I am new to LINUX world (only about 6 months now) and I am not sure where to look. I would like to use LXDE but might have to switch to XFCE because of this problem. I need 2X to run Outlook Evolution is NOT an option as Leaks memory connecting to the exchange server ( every time you send or receive) I have also tried other 2X Client application and the same problem occurs, so it is not just Outlook.

I will be using this machine as a thin client server (using X11rdp) but trying to setup the environment that the users will be using first with out X11rdp (not installed on this machine yet) As this is going to a Thin Client Server I want a light Desktop and LXDE is one I would like to use.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron