Problems with clipboard and special chacters

The standard session manager used by LXDE - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXSession
dabeegmon

Problems with clipboard and special chacters

Post by dabeegmon »

Greetings

I am in the process of reestablishing a Debian testing (10 or buster) box (using lxde) with lots of resources. Part of what is quite non-standard is that I am running multiple graphics cards and 4 monitors.

The problem that I'm having right now is that I cannot use anything like ctrl-c or ctrl-v for copy or paste.

I have re-installed lxsession, x11-apps and have been looking through anything that seems like it may have some bearing on the problem.
Alas - - - I have not been able to find anything that points to why there isn't a working clipboard and/or why I can't use these special characters.

Any advice or ideas would be wonderful!!

TIA

Dee
seppalta

Re: Problems with clipboard and special chacters

Post by seppalta »

You do not say anything about having a clipboard installed? Common lightweight clipboards are clipit and parcellite:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install clipit
drooly

Re: Problems with clipboard and special chacters

Post by drooly »

dabeegmon wrote:I am in the process of reestablishing a Debian testing (10 or buster) box (using lxde) with lots of resources. Part of what is quite non-standard is that I am running multiple graphics cards and 4 monitors.

The problem that I'm having right now is that I cannot use anything like ctrl-c or ctrl-v for copy or paste.

I have re-installed lxsession, x11-apps and have been looking through anything that seems like it may have some bearing on the problem.
Alas - - - I have not been able to find anything that points to why there isn't a working clipboard and/or why I can't use these special characters.
there's many statements here.
some of them seem irrelevant to the problem, some would seem to require much more clarification.
i have no idea what "in the process of reestablishing" is supposed to mean, or "with lots of resources".
and why are you using testing? you know it's not stable, right?
and what exactly is non-standards, apart from the 4 monitors (i don't see how they would have an impact on clipboard issues)?
if you cannot use key combos, can you use something else for copy and paste?
is this a problem in certain situations, or did you do extensive troubleshooting to make sure it happens everywhere?

and what "special characters"???