EDIT THE OPENBOX RIGHT CLICK MENU IN LXDE and ADD ICONS

The standard theme switcher of LXDE - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXAppearance
kjdixo

Re: EDIT THE OPENBOX RIGHT CLICK MENU IN LXDE and ADD ICONS

Post by kjdixo »

@seppalta
Your website is very helpful and I recommend people take a look at it.
It has a lot of examples of the openbox menu, clearly explained with screenshots and code and some really interesting stuff, thanks for the link.
vasa1

Post by vasa1 »

Rex Bouwense wrote:I am surprised that no one has thanked you for placing so much information in one location. ...
A big "Thank You" from me as well. I'm sure I'll learn something new from this thread. All the best to you, wherever you are!
kjdixo

Post by kjdixo »

Thanks vasa1
I benefit and learn a lot from open source and free software, I am thankful and grateful for all of that.
It is only fair that I help out other people when I can.
Also when I chance upon solutions, I like to document them before they get forgotten and lost forever.
I sometimes refer back to the technical websites where I have left comments, it is handy for me also.
Right now I am tweaking peppermint 5 on my netbook (adding openbox and the right click menu) which is why I referred to this thread.
It is great because the peppermint login screen lets me choose between openbox or peppermint sessions.
On 2 other netbooks I have puppy linux quirky tahr 6.05 with openbox, stalonetray, feh, xfe, I edited the code of a few programs (pmount etc) to change from 'rox' to 'xfe'.
For peppermint 5 I will probably keep the default pcmanfm file manager.
It is good to have alternative netbook setups available, just in case.
The link http://forum.linuxvillage.org/index.php?topic=58.0 describes how to set up stalonetray and feh.
'Off topic' I also think it is quite fun and worth the effort (not too difficult), to edit and create new custom gtk and openbox themes.
Vasa1, Rex, Seppalta your feedback is appreciated and is very uplifting. Thanks very much.
Kevin
England UK
vasa1

Post by vasa1 »

kjdixo wrote:...
'Off topic' I also think it is quite fun and worth the effort (not too difficult), to edit and create new custom gtk and openbox themes.
Well, I don't know how to create either from scratch, but I like to tweak existing themes a bit :)
The themerc I'm using now has just 40 lines because I don't use the max/min/close buttons or fancy effects.