PCManFM and GPicView

The standard picture viewer of LXDE - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/GPicView
simonik

PCManFM and GPicView

Post by simonik »

I have Raspi 2 with LXDE and mounted SAMBA WIN 8.1 folders. I can show files with PCManFM. When I click to picture file, the picture is showed, but I cannot show the next picture. I have to close viewer (GPicView) and choose next picture.
Why I cannot navigate to the next (previous) picture by GPicView?

Thanks
Bob E

Re: PCManFM and GPicView

Post by Bob E »

Hi simonik. Have you tired any other image viewers, like viewnior or miranda for functional comparison?

Also, what happens if you open image files without pcmanfm running/open.? I've never used gpicview, but I have found that with pcmanfm open and using gthumb image viewer, the viewer is, for lack of a better word, crippled because pcmanfm is open at the same time. I would have to close both and just open gthumb to get full use of it.

These days, I use both viewnior and miranda with pcmanfm open without any problems. Viewnior is light and very basic. Miranda is light and has a few more features than viewnior.
simonik

GPicView navigate

Post by simonik »

I have Raspi 2 with LXDE and mounted SAMBA WIN 8.1 folders. I can open picture file with GPicView, but I cannot show the next (previous) picture. I have to open with key 'o' and choose another picture.
Why I cannot navigate to the next (previous) picture by GPicView?
Thanks
Bob E

Re: GPicView navigate

Post by Bob E »

You already posted this question yesterday here: http://forum.lxde.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&p=50587#p50587

See if the answer I left helps.
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Please refrain from posting a question multiple times. Topics merged.
Rex
LStranger

Post by LStranger »

My relatives use GPicView with PCManFM constantly and they never told me about any problem with viewing images. May it be that SAMBA is involved?
simonik

Post by simonik »

Yes, now I try to show picture from USB stick and it is OK.
But from SAMBA Win 8.1 shared folders it does not work.