LXDE on Kali-2016.1 x64 configure hotkeys for teminal

LXTerminal is the standard terminal emulator of LXDE - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXTerminal
indeedion

LXDE on Kali-2016.1 x64 configure hotkeys for teminal

Post by indeedion »

Hello. Im running LXDE on kali-2016.1 x64 and man it is great! However Im having trouble finding a way to configure hotkeys to start lxterminal. My hands pretty much automatically press CTRL-ALT-T whenever I want a terminal and I'd like to have that shortcut enabled.

One kali specific suggestion have been Applications –> System tools –> Preferences –> System Settings, but that path does not exist in with the lxde configuration. In my lubuntu install the shortcut was set by default, but kali does not include this by default for some weird reason. I've looked through all the settings I can find and googled like crazy but I find no solution. Please help :)
Rex Bouwense

Re: LXDE on Kali-2016.1 x64 configure hotkeys for teminal

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the LXDE forum. Does this help? http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXShortCut
Rex
indeedion

Post by indeedion »

Thanks!

well it makes desktop shortcuts, but I find no options for hotkey combinations. If I've missed them somehow, please enlighten me. Everything else about this setup with LXDE on Kali is awsome! :D
Lew_Rockwell_fan

Post by Lew_Rockwell_fan »

Is necroposting OK here? Somebody might wander by looking for the same information, so:

What I'm writing is based on plain Openbox, but lxde should be similar if not exactly the same.

You might try setting keybindings in:
~/.config/openbox/rc.xml
or there is probably a very similar file specific to lxde which shouldn't be hard to find.

It may be a longish file. Search for "keybind" to find the right section, some keybindings you can use for models, etc. Always back up config files like this before editing them. Then edit cautiously. To make the new version effective, you can click "Reconfigure" in your menu if you have such an entry. If you don't, try enabling the openbox menu (I think if you right click on your desktop, that may be an option - I'm not certain - it's been a while since I used the full lxde or lubuntu as opposed to just plain openbox) and it is probably on there. If it isn't you can add a stanza like this:

Code: Select all

<item label="Reconfigure">
			<action name="Reconfigure"/>
		</item>
and "restart" the menu. If none of that works, try relogging.

Hope that helps anyone reading this. Be careful in any case, and extra careful if you are using the full lxde, because, as I said, my suggestions are based on plain Openbox which is a wee bit different.