Copy all to clipboard

LXTerminal is the standard terminal emulator of LXDE - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXTerminal
HonP

Copy all to clipboard

Post by HonP »

Hi all,

if i am right, there was some button in lxde terminal, that copied the whole screen and what was in history of terminal to memory. I sometimes used this feature to log my work. Now it is gone (and what is worse, there is another button "Clean rolling" (i translated it from czech) so yes, i needed this log super importantly and instead of it, i erased all :( )

Could you please add the "copy the whole" back?

Or could you add functionality, that LXTerminal can log its output to file? (instead of tee)

thank you very much

Jan
Rex Bouwense

Re: Copy all to clipboard

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the LXDE forum. If you want to report a bug or for future requests, the forum is not the place to ask. The developers rarely sign in here. To make such a report see the announcement at the beginning of this section viewtopic.php?f=7&t=575. It will tell you where to go. Good luck.
Rex
seppalta

Re: Copy all to clipboard

Post by seppalta »

Not sure what you are asking. However, to get an image of your total screen, put the following in the terminal and click the return key:

Code: Select all

scrot -q 80 -d 5
It will be taken 5 seconds after you click the return key and saved in the directory your terminal is opened (your home directory, if you just open the terminal and do nothing else).

You need to have the small program scrot installed:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install scrot