obconf always available from preferences menu

All questions and problems regarding LXDE components including LXSession, LXAppearance, GPicView, Leafpad, LXTerminal, Xarchiver, LXNM to be discussed here.

For PCManFM questions, please ask in the dedicated forum below.
nitrofurano

obconf always available from preferences menu

Post by nitrofurano »

Since LXDE uses openbox decorations, i think it's very important obconf coming always with lxde as dependence, and easily to reach from LXDE - only now after some time spent on google search i found out obconf were used to LXDE decoration configuration
kensai

Re: obconf always available from preferences menu

Post by kensai »

Well, seeing how obconf is an added functionality to decorate openbox and not a fundamental part of lxde, as well as not developed by the lxde guys, that is the why it is not included as a dependencies. Also lxde is trying to keep dependencies very low, which is something good. But I do think a mention about it should be made somewhere in the documentation or lxde.org, if it is not done already and I don't know about it.
firmit

Re: obconf always available from preferences menu

Post by firmit »

Openbox suggests obconf - so that should be enough. When people install via apt-get/aptitude, they always get a message about suggested packages and dependencies. Yes - for newbies this does not make much sense, but as kensai says: this is not a part of lxde - and openbox itself does not depend on obconf.