How installing gtk theme?Need more info about gtk

All questions and problems regarding LXDE components including LXSession, LXAppearance, GPicView, Leafpad, LXTerminal, Xarchiver, LXNM to be discussed here.

For PCManFM questions, please ask in the dedicated forum below.
biscotte

How installing gtk theme?Need more info about gtk

Post by biscotte »

Hello LXDE users.I'm new on LXDE and i discover it.I enjoy it but I would more explanations about Gtk themes and how it works with LXappearance.
I have 2 sessions in my PC : one with LXDE default desktop and one with Openbox stand alone which I 'm going to totally customize with my often used favorite programs.I already install and configurate Obmenu and Obconf.It works normally.Then I wold change theme with LXappearance which supports GTK2 and 3.When I run lxappearance with terminal it notices me :

Code: Select all

(lxappearance:2449): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from `GtkComboBox' to `GtkBox'

(lxappearance:2449): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_box_pack: assertion `GTK_IS_BOX (box)' failed
However I install any theme now.
I don't understand what it means and how to solve this problem.I have many questions about gtk support with lxde and especially lxappearance.
  1. Should I install dependances (gtk-engine for exemple) or other program to run gtk themes?
  • Should I configurate gtkrc or gtkfilechooser.ini (for gtk-2.0) and settings.ini (for gtk-3.0)?How?
  • Where I should install other themes because ~/.themes is for Obconf?How?
  • Where default themes are install in LXDE config?
  • Which other type of theme can I install?
etc........................

With my openbox session terminal notices :

Code: Select all

(lxappearance:2274): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_box_pack: assertion `GTK_IS_BOX (box)' failed

(lxappearance:2274): GVFS-RemoteVolumeMonitor-WARNING **: cannot connect to the session bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

(lxappearance:2274): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to store changes into `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: La création du fichier « /root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel.I18CJW » a échoué : Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type

(lxappearance:2274): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to set the permissions of `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
None the better for it. :?:
For the moment i don't install gtk theme as long as this problem isn't resolve :x
I'm going to continue my customisation but I hope someone would answer me because there are many infos about gtk but no response about this problem.And I don't find a simply tuto which explain gtk themes working with LXappearance.
I'm sorry for my english and I would post this topic in LXDE french community forums.Thanks to all Linux users which is the best but the most frustated too :lol:
"La connerie est la décontraction de l'intelligence" - Pierre Desproges
seppalta

Re: How installing gtk theme?Need more info about gtk

Post by seppalta »

In case you hadn't already discovered it, the themes directory is /usr/share/themes/.
biscotte

Re: How installing gtk theme?Need more info about gtk

Post by biscotte »

yes I found it.For the moment I need especially infos about Gtk because a lot of themes are created for working with Gtk.I don't know gtk very well and I already have bugs with LXappearance.Also I prefer to learn this engine more (in case I'm afraid to crash my pc with this :oops: )and install a theme when I resolve the problem I exposed at the top.What is more I installed this afternoon mouse cursors and I should re-create link to default folders because LXappearance don't show them (only Adwaita appears on tab).But I succeed in installing my custom cursor.But it doesn't appear on apps.Also................. :!: And fonts are working good.But all menus and submenus icons on Start menu (logo Fédora on the left of the LXpanel) disappeared.I will create a new subject about this problem.
"La connerie est la décontraction de l'intelligence" - Pierre Desproges