Can't generate custom Main Menu.

All questions and problems regarding LXDE components including LXSession, LXAppearance, GPicView, Leafpad, LXTerminal, Xarchiver, LXNM to be discussed here.

For PCManFM questions, please ask in the dedicated forum below.
52midnight

Can't generate custom Main Menu.

Post by 52midnight »

I'd like to generate a custom Main Menu and have followed all instructions I can find, some of which appear to be out-of-date in that they refer to directories etc that no longer exist. I've just been on the Openbox list and with some help have determined that the default Openbox process (~/.config/openbox/menu.xml) is being over-ridden by something else.

A default Main Menu is being generated and leaving its "signature" in ~/.cache/menus (I have menu-cache installed). i've tried using the standard utilities to generate menus, but they're ignored. I'm using LXDE on Gentoo with kernel-3.7.9.

Could someone please explain how the Main Menu is generated in LXDE, and an up-to-date process for modifying it?
seppalta

Re: Can't generate custom Main Menu.

Post by seppalta »

52midnight

Post by 52midnight »

Thanks for that. A useful site - didn't know about it.
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Yeah, seppalta is apparently too modest. He created and maintains that web site as well as others. There is some excellent information for those of us that use the LXDE no matter which OS we happen to be using. :)
Rex