LXDM does not log xsession errors

All questions and problems regarding LXDE components including LXSession, LXAppearance, GPicView, Leafpad, LXTerminal, Xarchiver, LXNM to be discussed here.

For PCManFM questions, please ask in the dedicated forum below.
root

LXDM does not log xsession errors

Post by root »

Hello,

I have installed LXDM on an Arch setup and it was working according to my needs but after some time I have realized that it does not log any xsession error. It indeed does create the related file (.xsession-errors) but this file remains at size 0 all the time.
I did a default install (and repeated it many times) but the behaviour stays the same. I even tried, through the startup scripts - PostLogin in this case - to force an 'alternate' log file by using

Code: Select all

/bin/bash -login ~/.xinitrc %session >~/.xsession-errors-$HOSTNAME 2>&1
though the result is the same, the file is created (file permission is correct as far as I know - 600) but it remains empty.

I have also check the lxdm.log at /var/log but besides some gtk error messages there isn't any hint on what leads for the logging to not take place.

In order to test I have installed LightDM and, as the logging works as it should. As soon as I change back to LXDM, enabling the related lxdm.service (this is a systemd setup) the logging stops.

Any hint on what may be causing this unexpected and undesired behaviour is greatly appreciated.