My monitors settings are not being loaded in LXQT on login

All questions and problems regarding LXDE components including LXSession, LXAppearance, GPicView, Leafpad, LXTerminal, Xarchiver, LXNM to be discussed here.

For PCManFM questions, please ask in the dedicated forum below.
lhorace

My monitors settings are not being loaded in LXQT on login

Post by lhorace »

Hello,

Desktop: LXQT 0.10

WM: Kwin

LXQt is not restoring my monitors preferences on login irregardless to the preferences stored in the configuration file.

I have a dual head display, HDMI and a DVI, with DVI position on the right. I ran `lxqt-config-monitor`, configured my preferences, hit save. According to `strace`, the file `/home/[USERNAME]/.config/LXQt/lxqt-config-monitor.conf` is created and preferences saved. See below:

Code: Select all

[General]
currentConfig="@ByteArray({\n    \"outputs\": [\n        {\n            \"connected\": true,\n            \"currentMode\": \"85\",\n            \"enabled\": true,\n            \"hash\": \"2e49cd0db6a9df4d2abaa3d079fd01be\",\n            \"name\": \"HDMI-0\",\n            \"primary\": true,\n            \"rotation\": 1,\n            \"xPos\": 0,\n            \"yPos\": 0\n        },\n        {\n            \"connected\": true,\n            \"currentMode\": \"85\",\n            \"enabled\": true,\n            \"hash\": \"56a5da8ba95fe5c64fc5c7c0210fcba3\",\n            \"name\": \"DVI-0\",\n            \"primary\": false,\n            \"rotation\": 1,\n            \"xPos\": 1919,\n            \"yPos\": 16\n        },\n        {\n            \"connected\": false,\n            \"name\": \"VGA-0\"\n        }\n    ]\n}\n)"
However, on logout and logging back in, monitors are initialize with with the default clone behavior. Furthermore, upon launching `lxqt-config-monitor`, my configuration preferences are lost.

Is this a known problem and is there a workaround?

Regards