LXDM clock format

All questions and problems regarding LXDE components including LXSession, LXAppearance, GPicView, Leafpad, LXTerminal, Xarchiver, LXNM to be discussed here.

For PCManFM questions, please ask in the dedicated forum below.
avg.guy

LXDM clock format

Post by avg.guy »

Is there any way to change the clock format for the LXDM login screen? I'm not a big fan of the default format but can't find any way to change it... Been hacking away at it for days. Send help. :)
Rex Bouwense

Re: LXDM clock format

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the LXDE forums. What would you like to change the clock format to?
Rex
avg.guy

Post by avg.guy »

Rex Bouwense wrote:Welcome to the LXDE forums. What would you like to change the clock format to?
I'd like to just have the time in 24-hour format. I've tried customizing the locale as well, but it doesn't seem to affect the LXDM clock.

Also, if it matters, I'm using LXDM on the Arch distro, but I haven't been able to get help on Arch forums... Figured maybe LXDE community would know.
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Not sure if this will work in Arch but in Lubuntu which uses LXDE. We just right click the time in the LXPanel and change the clock format to %R
See https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubun ... ngTheClock
Rex
drooly

Post by drooly »

^ rex, that's for the panel, not the login manager.
nevertheless, there might be a useful hint in that.

avg.guy,
clearly you know how to edit lxdm's config file.
have you also read the documentation? something like "man lxdm.conf" i'd guess, or files in /usr/share/doc/lxdm?
are you setting your locale system-wide, so that it is already available before user login?
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

That is what happens when you (meaning me) don't read the question thoroughly and start to compose the answer before the question sinks into my brain. Thanks for the correction drooly. :D :o
Rex