lxmusic and panel preferences

All questions and problems regarding LXDE components including LXSession, LXAppearance, GPicView, Leafpad, LXTerminal, Xarchiver, LXNM to be discussed here.

For PCManFM questions, please ask in the dedicated forum below.
Jack

lxmusic and panel preferences

Post by Jack »

I get this error when I change the volume. Can it be fixed or not?
I get this error and can it be fixed or not?
Jack

Re: lxmusic and panel preferences

Post by Jack »

I don't think lxdm-config is working or running. Can it be fixed?
Jack

Post by Jack »

I guest I can't get any help, so I will live with my problems. I came here because this forum is for LXDE.

Here is the first problem it happen when I move or change the volume.

Code: Select all

guest@porteus:~$ lxmusic

** (lxmusic:2931): WARNING **: on_playback_volume_changed: couldn't get volume
FAIL in xmmsc/xmmstypes: Check 'xmmsv_is_type (dictv, XMMSV_TYPE_DICT)' failed in xmmsv_dict_foreach at ../src/lib/xmmstypes/xmmsv_dict.c:457
FAIL in xmmsc/xmmstypes: Check 'xmmsv_is_type (dictv, XMMSV_TYPE_DICT)' failed in xmmsv_dict_foreach at ../src/lib/xmmstypes/xmmsv_dict.c:457

** (lxmusic:2931): WARNING **: Server Quit
guest@porteus:~$ 
Here is the second problem when I run panel preferences and open Desktop Pager/Preferences.
Sorry, there was no window manager configuration program found.
drooly

Post by drooly »

Jack wrote:I guest I can't get any help, so I will live with my problems. I came here because this forum is for LXDE.
sorry, lxde forums is very quiet.
answers can take a while.

thanks for reposting your info without screenshots.

issue1:
it must have something to do with pukseaudio/alsa.
is pulseaudio running? 'pidof pulseaudio'
is lxmusic set up to use pulseaudio or alsa?
is something else using sound, have you installed any apps that might use sound?

issue2: try installing 'obconf'
Jack

Post by Jack »

issue1:
it must have something to do with pukseaudio/alsa.
is pulseaudio running? 'pidof pulseaudio'
is lxmusic set up to use pulseaudio or alsa?
is something else using sound, have you installed any apps that might use sound?

issue2: try installing 'obconf'
Issue 1 not sure what to do and issue 2 didn't work.
seppalta

Post by seppalta »

What distro are you using? Have you done a sudo apt-get update, and sudo apt-get upgrade or sudo apt-get dist-upgrade? If this doesn't correct the situation, then consider my following comments.

LXDE, by design, is loosely structured, that is, packages for the most part are independent, so just about any one can be replaced by a different similar package without disturbing anything else. This is why a lot of us like LXDE.

LXMusic has very few features. It can do nothing more than just playing a list of music files. It really isn't worth chasing down problems. Just replace it with one of the many better audio players, many of which are equally minimalistic, but do a lot more and are reliable. A similar comment applies to lxdm. I quote one critic: "For some time lxdm only worked smoothly with Fedora while on Ubuntu and others, there might have been some issues." So replace lxdm with lightdm, a minimalistic display manager with a good track record.

For your information, LXDE has a super window manager called Openbox. User window configurations are set in ~/.config/openbox/rc.xml and menus in ~/.config/openbox/menu.xml. For general information, see http://lxlinux.com/.
Jack

Post by Jack »

seppalta wrote:What distro are you using? Have you done a sudo apt-get update, and sudo apt-get upgrade or sudo apt-get dist-upgrade? If this doesn't correct the situation, then consider my following comments.

LXDE, by design, is loosely structured, that is, packages for the most part are independent, so just about any one can be replaced by a different similar package without disturbing anything else. This is why a lot of us like LXDE.

LXMusic has very few features. It can do nothing more than just playing a list of music files. It really isn't worth chasing down problems. Just replace it with one of the many better audio players, many of which are equally minimalistic, but do a lot more and are reliable. A similar comment applies to lxdm. I quote one critic: "For some time lxdm only worked smoothly with Fedora while on Ubuntu and others, there might have been some issues." So replace lxdm with lightdm, a minimalistic display manager with a good track record.

For your information, LXDE has a super window manager called Openbox. User window configurations are set in ~/.config/openbox/rc.xml and menus in ~/.config/openbox/menu.xml. For general information, see http://lxlinux.com/.
I use Porteus (Slackware) and I ask them and they don't know. It easy to change files that why I use it. I do like LXDE it nice and small and it fit nice on my 16GB pindrive.

And as far as lxmusic I only play music so it good for me. I just turn 70 on Feb 9 and I only play music when I use LXDE.

I will try lightdm and see if it will work.

So far that is my only problem. And it power down it nice and clean. It or I don't see any problem on the screen. Only one I see when I change the volume in lxmusic/
Jack

Post by Jack »

Well I check a few LXDE distro about my problem and all the distro had the same problem so I guest it can't be fixed. So this thread is closed unless some one know how.