Not very user friendly forum

Forum Feedback & Help Report technical problems with the website here (broken features), or ask questions pertaining to forum features.
simplesi

Not very user friendly forum

Post by simplesi »

Hi
Everytime I come back to check on my post, the forum asks me to login - worse than that - it says I've exceeded my login attempts and asks me an LXDE tech question.

Anyway of turning this "feature" off please :)

Simon
amjjawad

Re: Not very user friendly forum

Post by amjjawad »

simplesi wrote:Hi
Everytime I come back to check on my post, the forum asks me to login - worse than that - it says I've exceeded my login attempts and asks me an LXDE tech question.

Anyway of turning this "feature" off please :)

Simon
Hello and Welcome to LXDE Forum :)
I see you are a new user here.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. Actually I have noticed that few days ago and I'm doing my best to find out what is wrong? We have done a system update few days back but not sure if that has anything to do with this issue.

As for logging in over and over again, that is an old story. If you login then you become idle for, say 1hour or so, the system will log you off and you need to re-login again. It is not only with LXDE Forum, I've seen so many Forums having the same issue. There is no option that keeps you logged in, I'm afraid :(

Thanks!
Feel Free to contact me: http://amjjawad.net
simplesi

Post by simplesi »

Thanks for the welcome :)

I use several forums and they ALL let me stay logged in - even http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/ which seems to look the same as yours :)

Maybe it is just a setting somewhere in your admin panel :)

regards
Simon
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

All of us face the same crap that you are talking about. Answering questions about lxde and entering my user name and password twice is not fun. Actually I can name two forums (Ubuntu Forums and Linux Question Forums) that allow you to stay logged in. That is off the top of my head. I am sure that there are more.
Rex
seppalta

Post by seppalta »

worse than that - it says I've exceeded my login attempts and asks me an LXDE tech question.
This is new since that last system update. Please, let's get rid of it immediately. Also, the log-in interval has been greatly shortened. If not forever, can't we get something reasonable, like 1 week or 1 month? My god, this is not IBM!
amjjawad

Post by amjjawad »

seppalta wrote:
worse than that - it says I've exceeded my login attempts and asks me an LXDE tech question.
This is new since that last system update. Please, let's get rid of it immediately. Also, the log-in interval has been greatly shortened. If not forever, can't we get something reasonable, like 1 week or 1 month? My god, this is not IBM!

I'm having exactly the same issue. Roma wasn't build in one day so please, try to understand that. Things may seem very easy from everyone's point of view but when you get your hand dirty and dive into behind the scenes world, it's totally different story :)
I used to think it's a click or two and it's fixed but that is NOT the truth.

As for the login interval, no one touched or changed that. I will have a look as well :)
SantaFe88

Post by SantaFe88 »

It's a pain, but I can wait till it's fixed.

However, if the next login question is "How does Lincolns Gettysburg Speech go" I might get a bit peeved! ;)
amjjawad

Post by amjjawad »

I think the issue is gone. I logged in from the first try without any Q or stuff like that.

I sent to the other Admin but he hasn't replied yet. I think he looked into that issue and fixed it quietly or ... I don't know, it seems it's gone.
Frank

Post by Frank »

It looks like an intermittent issue. At the time where the complaints started I was shown that extra question at each login. Then it was gone for a couple of days, but now it is back.
amjjawad

Post by amjjawad »

Frank wrote:It looks like an intermittent issue. At the time where the complaints started I was shown that extra question at each login. Then it was gone for a couple of days, but now it is back.
You are right, it is back :(

I did all what I could do to stop it but it looks like out of my control. I have no access to the server, all what I can access is the Admin Control Panel of this site and I have searched more than 10 times, I just couldn't turn this off or fix it.
I also posted on phpBB Forum but they didn't reply until now.