Weird Little bug...

Forum Feedback & Help Report technical problems with the website here (broken features), or ask questions pertaining to forum features.
SantaFe88

Weird Little bug...

Post by SantaFe88 »

For some strange reason, the LXDE Components forum will every once in awhile show the red new messages icon on the main forum page, but when I go there, no new posts. I even checked every page to see if I missed one but nothing is marked red,

And marking the LXDE Components page as being read doesn't clear the red circle, only going to the Board index page & clicking on Mark Forums Read will get rid of it.

Not that this is an important bug, I rate it a 100 on a 1 (Must Fix) to 100 (eh, it can wait) scale, but I thought if no one had mentioned it, you might want to know about it. Of course there's probably 100 posts/replies on this subject..... :D
Rex Bouwense

Re: Weird Little bug...

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Hey SantaFe88. I have not noticed that bug. I have noticed that the red circle will not go away until that page is reloaded or refreshed. Just returning to it does not get rid of it because I am just going back to the previous page. I discovered that inspite of the fact that I'm not always sure what I am doing. There does always seem to be an unread post when the red circle appears on my computer (at least as far as I remember.) However, now that you mentioned it, I will be on the lookout. There isn't going to be a great deal done until the end of the month anyway since amjjawad (one of the active admins) is busy with the new release of Lubuntu until then. I have already provided him with a few items that need to be discussed to improve the forum.
Rex
SantaFe88

Post by SantaFe88 »

Never-mind.... I keep forgetting the announcements section, & discovered I hadn't read the LxPanel post. :oops: :oops: :oops:

For some reason, I had used ADBlock Plus to test the "Select An Element to Hide" option & had hidden the Announcements section. Then forgot to un-hide it. So of course the un-read symbol was staying on. :D

People, do NOT try this at home! ;)
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Roger that. I have done stuff like that as well. :)
Rex