Problem in wiki page language links?

Forum Feedback & Help Report technical problems with the website here (broken features), or ask questions pertaining to forum features.
Rmano

Problem in wiki page language links?

Post by Rmano »

Hi, i was thinking to switch to LXDE on my laptop and looking around before it, but I have a problem...

Choosing the default Wiki for LXDE I found this:

It seems that the English page is redirected to the Arabic (I think, apologies if I got it wrong) page. I am using Chrome. Or there is no English wiki? (that could well be, no proble in that case, will search in different places).

On a parallel theme: I tried to use the "irc" tab, but it seems that the intermediate server has been banned.
Rex Bouwense

Re: Problem in wiki page language links?

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the LXDE forum. Interesting problem. I just went to that site and everything is in English. We do not maintain that site. This is the site that I went to:
http://wiki.lxde.org/en/Main_Page
It appears to be that same as the one that you quoted.
Also, I am currently on IRC (#lxde)
Rex
Rmano

Post by Rmano »

Ok, Chrome problem (but see EDIT below).
I opened the same link in Explorer (stuck with a windows PC at work) and it shows correctly. I triple checked the language configuration of my Chrome Navigator, I have selected the three language I speak (en, es, it) --- strange enough.

Thanks for the hint.

EDIT: but then, clicking on a link to go for example to the Openbox page, it sends me to the Spanish main page. So yes --- I suppose that the redirection in the wiki is quite messed up. Is it possible to send a mail to the maintainer?
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Along the left side of the page there are other languages. Perhaps you have selected one of them???
With regard to your other question.... See
http://wiki.lxde.org/en/Contact
Rex