User Control Panel/Profile/Edit Account Settings

Forum Feedback & Help Report technical problems with the website here (broken features), or ask questions pertaining to forum features.
edward
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:01 pm
Location: Boston

User Control Panel/Profile/Edit Account Settings

Postby edward » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:50 pm

In the Account Settings area of the User Control Panel, some information regarding Current Password seems to be missing from the script, the prompt displays:

Current password:
{ CURRENT_CHANGE_PASSWORD_EXPLAIN }
Fedora 27

drooly
Posts: 453
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:45 am

Re: User Control Panel/Profile/Edit Account Settings

Postby drooly » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:52 am

are you running debian7 with lxde?
i just looked on lubuntu, i cannot find "the Account Settings area of the User Control Panel" anywhere in the menu.

edward
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: User Control Panel/Profile/Edit Account Settings

Postby edward » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:32 pm

My post was forum-specific (technicial issue), not related to LXDE. Your inquiry would be better served if it were posted to General Area.
Fedora 27

Rex Bouwense
Posts: 991
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:44 pm
Location: Sierra Vista, Arizona USA
Contact:

Re: User Control Panel/Profile/Edit Account Settings

Postby Rex Bouwense » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:41 pm

edward wrote:In the Account Settings area of the User Control Panel, some information regarding Current Password seems to be missing from the script, the prompt displays:

Current password:
{ CURRENT_CHANGE_PASSWORD_EXPLAIN }

I believe that is used for changing your forum password. After you have entered your new password or email address, you have to enter your current password to confirm the change.

Yep. Just confirmed that.
Last edited by Rex Bouwense on Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Additional information
Rex
Lubuntu 18.04

edward
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: User Control Panel/Profile/Edit Account Settings

Postby edward » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:10 am

Yes. It's something the forum admin will have to fix, it's missing its description.
Fedora 27

drooly
Posts: 453
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:45 am

Re: User Control Panel/Profile/Edit Account Settings

Postby drooly » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:56 pm

edward wrote:My post was forum-specific (technicial issue), not related to LXDE. Your inquiry would be better served if it were posted to General Area.
i didn't inquire anything, i just misunderstood you (or, didn't properly look at the subforum this was posted to). sorry about that and nevermind.

edward
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: User Control Panel/Profile/Edit Account Settings

Postby edward » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:09 am

drooly wrote:
edward wrote:My post was forum-specific (technicial issue), not related to LXDE. Your inquiry would be better served if it were posted to General Area.
i didn't inquire anything, i just misunderstood you (or, didn't properly look at the subforum this was posted to). sorry about that and nevermind.


Not a problem. :)

This particular section of the Forum is for messages pertaining to the Forum itself, not the LXDE software.
Fedora 27


Return to “Feedback & Help”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest