Talk to the Administrators & Moderators of LXDE Forum

If you have any question/feedback/suggestion to the Administrators and/or the moderators of this forum, please post here.
amjjawad

Talk to the Administrators & Moderators of LXDE Forum

Post by amjjawad »

Hi,

This Sub-Forum has been created for all LXDE Forum Users to talk with the admins and mods of this forum. Feedback, thoughts, suggestion, question, etc. Whatever in your mind, please say it here.

Thanks!
Feel Free to contact me: http://amjjawad.net
technosaurus

Re: Talk to the Administrators & Moderators of LXDE Forum

Post by technosaurus »

spam sticky is locked with no links so reporting it here:
http://forum.lxde.org/search.php?author ... 0&sr=posts
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

There should be a red exclamation point in a triangle. If you check that it will report the post and we will do the rest. Thank you.
Rex
seppalta

Post by seppalta »

As everyone probably has noticed, there has been an enormous amount of spam lately. As a moderator responsible for getting rid of this stuff, I have come to the conclusion that the Waltons own this site, and I'm on strike. There is no apparent reason that we should not be able to remove a hundred spams by identifying them and clicking "delete." So far, the most I've ever removed at once is 5 and that usually does not work. Sometimes, a big spam has to be removed in pieces by first editing it. This is a foolish waste of time for no apparent reason that I can see. I can remove all the material on my website with one click. So whoever is in charge, please make more tools available to us moderators, or surrender control. ON STRIKE!
vlad88

Post by vlad88 »

I have registered on this site today, after I managed to get through the captcha questions.

I just want to tell you that the e-mail with activation link went right to Gmail's spam folder. That's not ideal of course.
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Thanks for the information, but I believe that is how you set up your email provider. I had to train mine not to put stuff like that in the SPAM or Junk folder. That was years ago and I still occasionally find important emails there. By the way welcome to the LXDE forum.
Rex
vlad88

Post by vlad88 »

Thanks. I clicked the Not Spam button in Gmail. Maybe thanks to that, other e-mails that I started getting from this forum do not end up in Spam, which is good.