Further development.

Non-tech-support topic may be discussed here. Discussions on religion and politics are not allowed. This area is intended for fun and community building, not arguments; Please take those elsewhere.
ozunasawai4

Further development.

Postby ozunasawai4 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:35 pm

I'm using LXDE for a few years and in this year I started contributing to this project. To enter into development process I started to work on GPicView. Few bugs described in repository was fixed and some features was implemented. I created a patches, but it seems like nobody is checking them (Yes, nobody owes me anything, but a half a year?). There is no activity in mailing list, so is it still in development or people who worked on it is not interesting in it?

I like the idea of the lightweight DE, which gives me opportunity to use as much resources of my machine as I can, while giving simple and intuitive GUI. LXDE is quite good for and I would like to contribute to it, but if it is such poorly maintained, maybe it is time for a fork?

drooly

Re: Further development.

Postby drooly » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:32 am

I don't think LXDE is "poorly maintained".
It looks sufficiently active to me: https://github.com/LXDE

TBH, I'm not even sure if gpicview is officially part of LXDE - it does not show up on that github page at all.
What have you been working on, some links?

Also, Linux isn't exactly poor in image viewers, maybe it's not so surprising that gpicview doesn't get too much attention.

Return to “LXDE Cafe”