Introduction

Non-tech-support topic may be discussed here. Discussions on religion and politics are not allowed. This area is intended for fun and community building, not arguments; Please take those elsewhere.
Wild Man

Re: Introduction

Post by Wild Man »

Hi rokytnji, I have been through pecos many times years ago.
I moved to Lubbock from Roswell, NM which was closer to Pecos then Lubbock I believe.

I am happy to be here, hopefully we will get some wireless issues that will keep me busy.
rokytnji

Post by rokytnji »

I am happy to be here, hopefully we will get some wireless issues that will keep me busy.
You might want to weigh in on this one also. I think amjjawad is kinda waiting on you.
I'm glad that Wild Man is on broad
I probably missed something since I don't run Lubuntu.

http://forum.lxde.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=36310

Happy Trails, Rok
Amrel RT 786ex 1.6ghz, 512MB ram , AntiX 8.5 core, Biker Linux user # 475019
Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way
My AntiX LXDE Install
cooper15

Post by cooper15 »

Hello, I'am from Costa Rica so forgive my English jeje.. I love Free Software, actually I'm using Debian with LXDE and is fantastic but pretty ugly. Also I'm a big fan of Lubuntu Artwork. My computer is a Dell inspiron 1525 Ram: 2GB, HDD: 500 GB and the processor: Intel dual core.
biff

Post by biff »

Hello... from Australia..computers ...all old desktops..recycled by myself..use Mepis 11 , Ubuntu 12.04 lts and now LXDE.Use wired internet, so never have problems with this.
It took me ages to register on this Forum, asked my questions about LXDE, which did not know.Wiki eventually solved this after 50 minutes of repeated registering.
At least I am not a troling robot.
We, here in Australia, now are into second month of spring and still rain..
January to late March very hot.

Thank you LXDE forum

Biff
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the lxde forums. We are a small forum with an even smaller number of active members. Sorry that you had problems getting registered but last year we had a very vicious attack by spammers and were required to add a few protections. Hope that you will be able to be with us for a long time contributing when you can.
Rex
pauldmallett

Post by pauldmallett »

Hi all, Good thing I like things on the quiet side now {what happened to 2014} I should feel at home here. More mechanic than programmer I have been crashing about in mostly Windows for a long time but with the rather late discovery of VirtualBox came the realisation that the switch to Linux could be made without the loss of vital Windows programs: Tradestation, Quickbooks in the main. Duel booting has always been rubbish in my view despite my many attempts to make it work. Anyway it has not taken me long to arrive at LXDE as my favoured desktop not so much for the light weight, though that is a welcome bonus, but I just like the deceptive visual simplicity and its' really excellent configuarabily {new word}.
Anyway if I can make a contribution I will.
Lenovo T520
O/S History Win 3.11,OS2,95,98,2000,SUSE,Vista,Win7,U/Xu/Lu_buntu,Debian8 LXDE
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

I see you can go back to Microsoft Windows, the early days. People arrive at the same conclusion via different routes. Many of us see the beauty in the simplicity of LXDE. Yes it is fast and yes it is good on older hardware but there are other reasons.
Rex