Introduction

Non-tech-support topic may be discussed here. Discussions on religion and politics are not allowed. This area is intended for fun and community building, not arguments; Please take those elsewhere.
Rex Bouwense

Introduction

Post by Rex Bouwense »

This might be a good place for new users (or old ones) to introduce themselves to the other users of the forum. I currently have two computers, a Dell Inspiron 1000 laptop with Lubuntu 12.04. The only thing that I did to the Dell was add another 256 Mbs of Ram. Other than that it is just like it was when I bought it years ago. The other computer is an ASUS EeePC 1000h netbook also with Lubuntu 12.04. I have it configured for a dual boot and I have had Ubuntu, Puppy, Linux Mint, Bodhi Linux, and most recently Watt OS on the second extended partition. You might say I am using it to explore other Operating Systems. I have been Microsoft Windows free since some time in 2009. I have been active in this forum for about a year.
Rex
rokytnji

Re: Introduction

Post by rokytnji »

Howdy Rex. Nice idea. I have a plethora of hardware. 3 Desktops in my Motorcycle shop. All Linux.

IBM M57=Ubuntu 10.04LTS (upgraded from 8.04LTS via cli) Edit: Running 64bit AntiX testing presently.
Emachine 3507= Antix 11 Base install with Fluxbox and Lxpanels.
IBM M41= triple/Edit: Quad Now, boot Antix 12, Macpup 529, and Semplice 2.0.4, Vector STD Gold 7

I have a Amrel Police Laptop with 3 hot swap hardrives.
1st drive= Antix 8.5 core install with LXDE
2nd drive= Antix 12
3rd drive= It is a blank drive for now. Sitting on the fence on what to install on it.

2 eeepc's. A 701SD 8gig ssd with AntiX 11. A 900 dual drive 4gig ssd/16 gig secondary ssd with Antix 11.

I have a couple of IBM Laptops also with Linux. I have one Acer Aspire dual core amd running Windows 7 for tuning Harley Davidsons. I boot Puppy Racy 5.2 on a external 4 gig sd flash card on it.

I am no developer or formally educated computer user. But I am a Linux team member for a couple of Distros and mod a few forums also. Keeps me pretty busy. Just a Tattooed Outlaw Linux Biker who likes to tinker with stuff that I have no clue on how that thing might work. For me. I find doing hands on teaches me more than book learning. 8-)
Last edited by rokytnji on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
Amrel RT 786ex 1.6ghz, 512MB ram , AntiX 8.5 core, Biker Linux user # 475019
Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way
My AntiX LXDE Install
Ryan Ron

Post by Ryan Ron »

Hello everyone,

I am newbie here.
:)
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome. What have you got and what LXDE operating system are you using? If you stick around here long enough, you may find your self in charge.
Rex
SantaFe88

Post by SantaFe88 »

Hi, I'm SantaFe88. Got an OLD Dell Dimension 9150 with Ubuntu 11.04 (GNOME, Xfce, LXDE, KDE 4.x) and a Dell Studio 1745 with Xubuntu 12.04 (Xfce & LXDE).
shtefh

Post by shtefh »

Hi, i'm Stéphane (i use shtefh as nickname because "stef" or "steph" are often already used on forums).

I'm french, i'm a musician (i play bass in a reggae band), i like computers and programming (PHP, Python (and C++ wich i'm trying to learn))... My machine is a HP, my O.S. is Fedora 17 with LXDE (wich now is my favourite desktop!) :D
seppalta

Post by seppalta »

Welcome to the LXDE Forum, shtefh. In what part of France do you live? I have a daughter in the Dordogne: http://lesgitesfleuris.com/ . I really like France.
shtefh

Post by shtefh »

Thanks! :)

I live in Vercors!!! -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vercors_Plateau A very beautiful place. Since you like France and your daughter lives there, if you come in France, contact me, it could be nice to meet.

You know what, i've never been in Dordogne... France is though a small country.
seppalta

Post by seppalta »

I was in Fr_Swiz in April - traveled by auto from Zurich to Dordogne, must have passed just north of you. Will let you know next time I'm there. I have been in Europe several times - the most impressive site in my mind is the 17,000 year old Lascaux cave paintings near Montignac. It would be well worth your time. Some pictures we took around the Dordogne in April - click the links begining with 'R": http://lxlinux.com/willett/2012EurR3/index.htm.
shtefh

Post by shtefh »

There's impressive scenes in those series of photos! :) Dordogne is a nice place, and the local cookery seems to be inviting :D

The next time you come in France (wich is the center of the world, don't forget it! >< (i'm joking)) go and visit "Les Calanques"! You won't be disappointed. This place is in south France, near the famous (for french people) city of Marseille:

https://www.google.fr/search?q=calanques