Introduction

Non-tech-support topic may be discussed here. Discussions on religion and politics are not allowed. This area is intended for fun and community building, not arguments; Please take those elsewhere.
edward

Re: Introduction

Post by edward »

I joined the LXDE Forum back in 2008 when I started to use LXDE. I think I managed to push LXDE to its limits by actually getting it to run on what was then an 11-year old PC containing a 166MHz Intel Pentium (1) CPU, the thread on that is here.

Today, I use Debian Linux, both 32- and 64-bit.
Debian Sid - LXDE
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome back. I'd say we missed you but I didn't join until last year. It is still a small forum as you can see, but we have been unindated with spammers lately.
Rex
edward

Post by edward »

I noticed quite a few spam messages a while back on the forum. It's good to see that they've been removed.
Debian Sid - LXDE
amjjawad

Post by amjjawad »

Ops, did I really forget to introduce myself? sorry :D

Hello everyone :)
amjjawad is sending his best wishes to all of you no matter where you are and when you will read this :)

This is all about me: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/

Thanks and enjoy!
Feel Free to contact me: http://amjjawad.net
rayzer

Post by rayzer »

ray here, was first introduced to linux with mint 9 then was using ubuntu since 10.04. discovered lubuntu and been using it since 12.04, currently on 13.04. have it running on a desktop and a laptop and my other pc still has windows. theyre all in the 5-8 year old range, i also post occasionally on the lxde, lubuntu and ubuntu facebook pages..
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome rayzer. We are a small but growing forum and can use all the support and knowledge that anyone wants to contribute.
Rex
Wild Man

Post by Wild Man »

Hi everyone, I have been using linux since Feburary 2008 and have been active on the ubuntu forum for a few years now.
I run lubuntu in virtualbox at the moment along with many others for testing purposes for things like wirleless issues testing and compiz and the cube testing.
I have a laptop and a desktop but the desktop is down at the moment because I am just to busy to fix it :) .
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Hey Wild Man. Where you located in Texas. We spend a lot of time in Texas. We have a daughter who is currently living in New Braunfels soon to move to Canyon Lake. Both locations are just North of San Antonio. I spent some time in Killeen and San Antonio and enjoy returning. One of the guys on the forum is living in Pecos.
Rex
Wild Man

Post by Wild Man »

Hi Rex Bouwense, I moved to Lubbock 2 months ago, I had lived in Texas in the 80's I got out of the Army at Ft. Hood.
rokytnji

Post by rokytnji »

Howdy Wildman. I'm just down the highway from ya in Pecos Texas. Kool that we have some more technical expertise here.

Funny thing is. I have not installed Lubuntu yet. But I have ran everything else from Slackware, to Puppy, to Debian.

Playing with a live SD card of LXLE right now, just checking it out.
Amrel RT 786ex 1.6ghz, 512MB ram , AntiX 8.5 core, Biker Linux user # 475019
Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way
My AntiX LXDE Install