Am converting to LXDE!

Non-tech-support topic may be discussed here. Discussions on religion and politics are not allowed. This area is intended for fun and community building, not arguments; Please take those elsewhere.
BBOSAK2143

Am converting to LXDE!

Post by BBOSAK2143 »

For the longest time I have admired the LXDE desktop and have always had it installed with quite a few others. My main problem that I was not using LXDE all the time was it looked so bland! So, I would find myself using LXDE desktop for maybe about an hour before the looks just got to me and then would go to Gnome Flashback.

Now, I found out Gnome Flashback has been dropped in 3.12, so there goes the looks for Gnome! Seeing as I have finally learned more on how to manipulate gtk-2.0 to achieve better looks, now I am doing my best to bring the greatest possible looks to the LXDE desktop. LXDE is a highly functional desktop that does not drain the system and have a zillion dependencies. In plain words is a simple enough desktop to run on any device on this planet.

Recently, I have uploaded themes for Gnome that will show great brilliance on the LXDE desktop, but am now learning how to accomplish more and hope other will share so everyone can get the greatest looks on this awesome desktop! Below am going to share what I am currently working on for how all will look for the desktop with a theme I call "Cyana". Now this theme and looks have kept me on this desktop for nearly two weeks. Now is Gnome that I stay on for a few minutes and then right back to LXDE!!!

Not sure if all will be posted in user control panel, but will mention I build my own Linux OS's in which this is my fourth and is 13.10 with multiple desktops. Next OS I build I am looking at having LXDE as the main desktop and maybe have XFCE and Cinnamon. Although I like XFCE, LXDE is the more dependable desktop! It has never let me down in times of trouble and want to thank the development team for the great functionality of this desktop! Hopefully, picture will post below and am proud to be part of a forum for the most dependable desktop in Linux!
Attachments
CyanaLXDE_Menu_and_PCManFM.jpg
CyanaLXDE_Menu_and_PCManFM
(104.07 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Same Name here as everywhere
I Enjoy creating themes for Linux Desktops
A desktop should look proud and bold!
I build my own Linux OS's
Linux is for Work
Windows is for Games and Viruses
Rex Bouwense

Re: Am converting to LXDE!

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the LXDE forum. I moved your thread to the Cafe. We are a small forum with an even smaller number of active members. We are always looking for new blood to pump into the forum especially folks that build their own OS. That is great. I am going to ask you to stick around and provide input when you can.
Rex
BBOSAK2143

Re: Am converting to LXDE!

Post by BBOSAK2143 »

Thanks very much. Was not real sure where to post this so is great you found the spot for it! I was hoping the picture would display as to show users what I am trying to do. I am really reaching for dimension and great looks! Maybe not everyone will be interested, but even if there is a few is well worth the effort! Not only that, I feel is high time people start to understand what a dependable desktop LXDE is. On several occassions, LXDE has been the last desktop working on some of the OS's I created! Now that has a lot to say about a desktop! Since in the past, I have repaired the entire system from LXDE and nowhere else is about time I give back! Whatever I can do to keep LXDE going so well and strong, you better believe will be happy to do!
Same Name here as everywhere
I Enjoy creating themes for Linux Desktops
A desktop should look proud and bold!
I build my own Linux OS's
Linux is for Work
Windows is for Games and Viruses