I need an explaination

Non-tech-support topic may be discussed here. Discussions on religion and politics are not allowed. This area is intended for fun and community building, not arguments; Please take those elsewhere.
teak

I need an explaination

Post by teak »

My PC only excepts LXLE. I am lucky. It will except no other disro, not even windows. Even Windows 8 will not download. I am not kidding. When I used Mint, it took 15 to 20 minutes to get a desk top. Then after a while it changed, then later it just popped off the computer. Beep! It was gone. I know from my A+ experience that some things work differently for some reason on other PCs. This is strange.
Also, how many pros use coding in the work place? Isn't better to Administrate and Secure on the GUI? No ever uses DOS for windows anymore. I wanted Centos to practice Red Hat for my lessons. It tried to load it on my Other hard drive. Kept asking for a root password.

Thanks for insights.
drooly

Re: I need an explaination

Post by drooly »

you seem to be addressing at least two different topics.

in both cases, i'm not quite sure what you need an explanation for?

do you want us to explain why mint took 15min to boot, then just "popped off"? for that we would need information about your hardware, and how you installed.

also, when you say "coding", do you mean "using the commandline"? i think it's a perfect tool. just because you have a power drill, you don't throw away your hammer, right?
even windows users use the command line.

any (installed) linux distro will ask only for such passwords that you yourself have provided during installation.