LXAutorun, a simple autostart management app

Discussion on LXDE releases and Development. This forum is not the best way to contact the developers, please use the Development mailing list and Sourceforge to interact with them.
jgillich

LXAutorun, a simple autostart management app

Post by jgillich »

Hello,

Sometimes newbies ask how they can manage their autostart entries within LXDE. I've written a small Tool to do this very easy, called "LXAutorun".

Thats how it looks:

Its in an early alpha state, but no critical bugs are known. It's mainly missing translations, only English and German are available. You can get the Source Code from Launchpad via bzr:

Code: Select all

bzr branch lp:lxautorun
Or download a deb, but atm there is no i386 build.

Please report Bugs to Launchpad.

Thanks to everyone who will test & sorry for bad english.
maces

Re: LXAutorun, a simple autostart management app

Post by maces »

Hi,

I wrote something like this more than a year ago for the LXDE autostart-file in python. Nice work.
Thanks for all the comments in the source, even I don't know C++ I get the idea how it's working :)

maces

PS: a question: you are using Geany?
jgillich

Post by jgillich »

maces wrote:Hi,

I wrote something like this more than a year ago for the LXDE autostart-file in python. Nice work.
Thanks for all the comments in the source, even I don't know C++ I get the idea how it's working :)
Thanks. But the comments? Uhm, some of them are in German and many are missing. :D
maces wrote: PS: a question: you are using Geany?
No, I love Geany but I had to use Anjuta because of autotools. Currently, I'm not familiar with makefiles and these things. What gives you that idea?
maces

Post by maces »

1. Well I'm speaking German ;)

2. They way the GPL-part looked like. But I'm not good at guessing the editor from the source code ;)

maces