Font / Window Size Problem

Problems with hardware & laptops not being detected or supported during or after install.
rnj13

Font / Window Size Problem

Post by rnj13 »

I have an old Toshiba M35X laptop that I just use for web browsing and I heard about LXDE and how fast it is. I installed the basic version of ubtuntu and installed LXDE from the ubuntu repositories. Everything worked great, I was even able to get everything working pretty much on the first attempt or with one search through the forums here. So, I decided I would set this laptop to autologin, and after I did that, now the screen fonts and the windows and the menu of lxpanel are drawn so large on the screen the system is unusable. The titlebar and menubar of LXterminal (which I am using now to try to update) take up at least 25% of the screen each, and I can only see maybe 10 characters or so wide. The fonts are probably somewhere around 2000% their normal size after enabling autologin. Anyone have any ideas on what the problem is and how I can fix it?

Thanks!
chrisssteeven

Re: Font / Window Size Problem

Post by chrisssteeven »

Hi,
I also have installed basic version of ubantu and LXDE on my Dell's laptop. I have set auto login
from the starting but then also it is running properly. You have problem in your system font size or
display resolution. Sometime we do not have closed application properly or some games are not
ended properly so resolution of screen changes and it appears like very big. So set the resolution
and then check it.