trackpad; tap is disabled

Problems with hardware & laptops not being detected or supported during or after install.
zongo

trackpad; tap is disabled

Post by zongo »

Hi guys,

I am just trying out lxde with fedora 12. It seems like i cant activate the tap on the trackpad.
What works --> synclient TapButton1=1 until i reboot.
To make it permanent, I have followed this article http://fedorasolved.org/Members/khaytsu ... -using-hal but to no avail.
I am really pulling my hair here.
I am using openbox and from what i gather that might be the issue because I dont get any other menu than keyboard and mouse.
I have installed gsynaptics as well but that did not help either.

I would much appreciate any type of help because i have exhausted all areas possible.

Kind Regards,
Marty Jack

Re: trackpad; tap is disabled

Post by Marty Jack »

Look in /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/autostart and put whatever initialization commands you want to run when you log in at the top. You should just be able to put your "synclient" command there, if it is doing what you need. Be sure to leave the "@" off because this asks lxsession to restart the command if it exits. For example, I have some xset commands there to set up DPMS the way I want it.
zongo

Post by zongo »

thanks for your response.
Unfortunately, I added in
@synclient TapButton1=1 in autostart but to no avail. I am really confused because if I run this command in the terminal once the unit has booted, i can use the tap switch on my trackpad.
very confusing indeed. I have been wrecking my head for the past two days on this :cry:
Marty Jack

Post by Marty Jack »

Kindly review where I said "be sure to leave the @ off". I am not sure that will help you however, it should just cause a loop. Maybe someone else with a Synaptics has it working.
zongo

Post by zongo »

Sorry I did misread you.
I will try again without the @.
My apologies again :oops:
zongo

Post by zongo »

I just had an idea and don't know if this is viable.
Would it be possible to just add a xorg.conf file and correct the issue of the trackpad there ?

Kind Regards,
zongo

Post by zongo »

I have left the @ out and that did not help either.

Kind Regards
yaroslav

Post by yaroslav »

I was create /etc/X11/xorg.conf

And write section for InputDevice Touchpad with custom options