editing LXDE X11 conf file

Problems with hardware & laptops not being detected or supported during or after install.
xomneus

editing LXDE X11 conf file

Post by xomneus »

Hi,
What I am doing is running Linux Mint 9 LXDE on my iMac with virtual box. I have installed the virtual box guest additions. After that the highest resolution I can get is 1360X768. My Mac supports running @ 1680X1050. If I run my Ubuntu 10.4 virtual machine on the same Mac it works at full resolution. My question is how do I edit the X11 conf file and add the higher resolutions so I can go full screen. This is the first time I've had this issue as I have run Linux virtually for a long time and have always been able to get it to go full screen on the same Mac. I did try to look it up via Google, and did a search with catfish but had no luck.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank You.
rockdoctor

Re: editing LXDE X11 conf file

Post by rockdoctor »

You might try backing up the Mint 9 xorg.conf, then just copying the Ubuntu 10.04 xorg.conf to your Mint system.
Geology - It's not rocket science, it's rock science!
Marty Jack

Post by Marty Jack »

Try looking in /var/log/Xorg.0.log where it is enumerating and selecting the mode and see why it is not selecting the mode you wanted.
Billmnfl

Post by Billmnfl »

Hi everyone. Just joined the forum as I have just installed Debian LXDE on my old Toshiba Satellite 2595XDVD Laptop.
I have been reading through the forum posts here and over at Debian, and am stuck.

I cannot find the Xorg.conf file. Don't know what I am doing wrong here, but would like to get my video resolution
to display higher than 800x600. So I have to create the Xorg.conf file? And if so, where?

Appreciate any help you can give.

Bill
rokytnji

Post by rokytnji »

I cannot find the Xorg.conf file. Don't know what I am doing wrong here, but would like to get my video resolution
to display higher than 800x600. So I have to create the Xorg.conf file? And if so, where?
http://wiki.debian.org/Xorg

Tells you where, and how to create one if missing.
Amrel RT 786ex 1.6ghz, 512MB ram , AntiX 8.5 core, Biker Linux user # 475019
Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way
My AntiX LXDE Install