fedora

Problems with hardware & laptops not being detected or supported during or after install.
feeyama

fedora

Post by feeyama »

How do I stop Fedora 11 from autobooting? When I boot up my computer, Fedora will autoboot after giving me a 5 second notice to hit any key to choose a different operating system. I want Windows to boot automatically instead of Fedora. How do I do this?
Last edited by feeyama on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
sportscliche

Re: fedora

Post by sportscliche »

The LXDE forums are not the best place to ask this question. You should post here

http://www.fedoraforum.org/

You'll probably need to modify the timeout setting in BIOS and edit your bootloader, presumably grub.
rockdoctor

Re: fedora

Post by rockdoctor »

feeyama wrote:How do I stop Fedora 11 from autobooting? When I boot up my computer, Fedora will autoboot after giving me a 5 second notice to hit any key to choose a different operating system. I want Windows to boot automatically instead of Fedora. How do I do this?
Even though this is the wrong place to ask your question, I'll address it. Yuo'' have to edit /boot/grub/grub.conf. There's a line default=n where n is a positive integer. To autoboot Windows, Change n to point to the entry for WIndows. There's a line timeout=m where m is the number of seconds to wait before booting the default OS. If this line is commented out, uncomment it. Change m to something more to your linking. Save the file and reboot.
Geology - It's not rocket science, it's rock science!