Best Laptop Brands

Problems with hardware & laptops not being detected or supported during or after install.
enigma

Re: Best Laptop Brands

Post by enigma »

+1 for Lenovo, my old machine never ran better since Lubuntu, it will survive XP for a very long time 8-)
using Lubuntu 13.04 on a T40
Ricka

Post by Ricka »

I think that all the brands are very good but it's depend on your requirement mean what type of laptop you need and for what purpose you use this.As well as i also think that
Apple , Asus, Alienware are the best brands.
Ricka

Post by Ricka »

I am using Apple Laptop and it works really great. It is versatile and the features are awesome.. I am looking for new brands also. Thanks for sharing this nice post.
ocmac

Post by ocmac »

Ok, this kinda smells like a fishy post but I gotta take the bait on this one. Full disclosure: dyed in the wool Apple fanboi, never owned a non Apple computer until 2010. Seriously, Mac Classic to Powerbook 520c to Bondi Blue Imac to Powerbook G4s (numerous) to Intel Mac Minis. Cut me and I bled four colours. Tru dat.

But....Apple is just not Apple anymore. Steve Jobs is very dead, and Tim Cook is no Steve Jobs. Quality of Apple products has gone in the proverbial crapper since moving to mainland China and Foxconn, IMHO. Then, Apple tried to weasel its way out of EPEAT, and its response to the suicides at Foxconn (17 workers threw themselves off the roof of the Foxconn factory) was, at best, a cruel sick corporate joke. "Here, lets put some nets up around the buildings so you can't kill yourself on a compnay site, and go kill yourself off site cause neither Foxconn nor Apple has to report suicides off site". Seriously? Then there was the explosion on the iPad assembly line, cause there was so much alunminum dust in the air it SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUSTED. Let that thought detonate in your brain for a second.

I use Linux cause its the only way out of the Apple/Microsoft walled gardens. I use Debian (with LXDE) cause Debian strike me as moral and ethical people and LXDE is so fast it makes my head spin. I use old computers cause I like old computers, and by keeping them in service I keep them out of the landfill. And my money gets to stay in my bank account, not Apples, or Lenovos.

If I HAD to buy a new laptop, I'd get a Think Penguin or System 76. Keep your money in the Linux ecosystem, people! But I see no need for a new machine. My eleven year old Dell D600 (hand me down from the mother in law) with a 1.4 ghz processor and 1 GB of RAM does everything I need a computer to do. That is the beauty of Open Source.

And that is all I have to say about that.
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the LXDE forum. We sort of let this thread go. There are enough serious threads and posts out there.
If people got the money and want to spend it on Apple Products, that is between them and their check book. We can get as good or better software as open source plus we don't have to worry about virus or malware contamination either.
Last edited by Rex Bouwense on Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Additional information
Rex