How long to charge laptop battery?

Problems with hardware & laptops not being detected or supported during or after install.
lxdeday

How long to charge laptop battery?

Post by lxdeday »

I am very Anxious,because my dell laptop battery died. My friend introduced the two sites

http://www.batterywill.com/dell-latitude-e6320.html

http://www.laptopbatterymag.com/dell-latitude-e6320.htm .and i want to know how long i should to charge my battery? thanks :D
Rex Bouwense

Re: How long to charge laptop battery?

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Most batteries will come to a full charge within three or four hours. I have found that if you use your laptop with the battery in and connected to the AC adapter your battery will not last as long. I believe that is because the battery develops a memory and will no longer hold a charge. If you plug it in in the evening before you retire for the evening it will be ready to go when you are in the morning.
Rex
lili5689

Post by lili5689 »

There is no true time on how long to charge it. It depends on how much of a charge it already has on it. My mother got a laptop this summer and it came partially charged. Even if you plug it in and forget about it it will not damage the battery. Although with most laptop chargers there is a little black box somewhere along the cord and that can get quite hot and is a potential fire hazard if left plugged in too long.
Hi,all,sharing one of my true shopping online experience of buying a TS-L632 laptop dvd drive recently,it is really worthy,lol...
edward

Post by edward »

Usually it would take no more than a few hours.

On my IBM-branded Lenovo ThinkPad T43 (manufactured in 2005), it takes a few hours to charge the battery, however when I use the laptop exclusively on battery-power, I can get roughly one hour and 30 minutes of use, before the battery requires a recharge.
Debian Sid - LXDE