how to auto-hibernate at battery complete discharge

Problems with hardware & laptops not being detected or supported during or after install.
Marcelo

how to auto-hibernate at battery complete discharge

Post by Marcelo »

Hi,

I'd just like to know what laptop power manager comes with LXDE (or LXDE prefers to be installed in case there is none originally included) so to automatically hibernate before exhausting the battery. I mean, after installing Debian/LXDE and draining the battery out the comp just died with no system shutting down. I wonder if I should have enabled something before trying further installations.

Additionaly, I'll appreciate any help on recovering full functionality of pm-hibernate since I messed it up by installing laptop-mode-tools and sleepd alternatively (one at a time). What I have now is my comp waking up immediatly after hibernation.

I'm running Debian/LXDE with Fluxbox on a Samsung series5 Ultrabook.

Thanks very much.
Rex Bouwense

Re: how to auto-hibernate at battery complete discharge

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Not sure how to answer your question. Lubuntu comes with Xfce Power Manager installed. I don't think that there is a LXDE power manager but I could be wrong. (I am often) Debian has a different power manager I believe but the name escapes me at the moment.
Rex
Marcelo

Re: how to auto-hibernate at battery complete discharge

Post by Marcelo »

Thanks, Rex. I installed xfce4-power-manager. It's working very well. It helps having a GUI and an applet, too.
I leave this thread open for some little time, if it's ok. Maybe someone can help me understand what to do with hibernation.
Best regards.