Lubuntu oficial ISO CD does not install on a EeePC 1000H

Problems with hardware & laptops not being detected or supported during or after install.
aldemarcalazans

Lubuntu oficial ISO CD does not install on a EeePC 1000H

Post by aldemarcalazans »

I tried to install Lubuntu on a EeePC 1000H, but it did not work (it gave a message about a file that was missing). I had to install Ubuntu (standard), them install the Lubuntu desktop using the terminal.
Rex Bouwense

Re: Lubuntu oficial ISO CD does not install on a EeePC 1000H

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the LXDE forum. I am currently using an EeePC 1000H and Lubuntu will install on it. Since you already have Ubuntu with the LXDE I am not sure that you are still interested in Lubuntu but here are some pointers. By official, do you mean a Canonical made CD? Since the EeePC has no CD drive I assume that you have cleaned your external drive before attempting the install. If you really want Lubuntu rather than Ubuntu with LXDE then you can download it from the Canonical web site, do your own MD5Sum, and burn it to a CD or create a bootable flash drive with Unetbootin.
Rex
rameym

Re: Lubuntu oficial ISO CD does not install on a EeePC 1000H

Post by rameym »

I had trouble installing Lubuntu directly on my Dell Inspiron Mini 10. I never found a real reason why either-- eventually I was able to install Lniux Mint and then manually install the LXDE desktop on top of that. The odd thing is that Mint and Lubuntu are both based on the current Ubuntu build.

I had to try about 6 or 7 OSs before Mint was able to work. See if that helps!