Window sizes

Problems with hardware & laptops not being detected or supported during or after install.
g1gsw

Window sizes

Post by g1gsw »

Hi

I am new to your forums my name is Colin. An issue I see not just in LXDE but in other desktops is the window sizes must never be checked on small screens such as my Acer Aspire one I find many windows open to large and some such as the ones for configuring an application cannot be adjusted to enable clicking the buttons at the bottom. I like LXDE but it has quite a few windows like this, please developers check this out and sort it? Just let them check screen size and adjust accordingly as not everyone uses a very large screen.

Thanks

Colin
drooly

Re: Window sizes

Post by drooly »

g1gsw wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:19 amAn issue I see not just in LXDE but in other desktops is the window sizes must never be checked on small screens such as my Acer Aspire one I find many windows open to large and some such as the ones for configuring an application cannot be adjusted to enable clicking the buttons at the bottom. I like LXDE but it has quite a few windows like this, please developers check this out and sort it? Just let them check screen size and adjust accordingly as not everyone uses a very large screen.
Screen resolution 1024x600? I used to have one of those too, and had the same problems. It's up to the application to decide how much space it wants to take, and unfortunately many seem to think that 600px in the vertical is not enough (and btw, I think none of those apps directly belong to the LXDE group).
Possible remedies:
  • maximise the window (seems counterproductive, but this has often worked for me)
  • use smaller fonts (lxappearance)
  • use themes dedicated for small laptop screens, with less spacing, smaller buttons etc. (lxappearnace)