Unable To Fix DNS Server Not-Responding Issue

Having problems getting connected to the internet or getting your wireless card to work? Ask here.
Garyvance

Unable To Fix DNS Server Not-Responding Issue

Post by Garyvance »

Hello friends. I have not been able to solve a computer’s internet problem for the last 2 days, that is, every time I try to connect the Internet to my computer, the DNS server not responding, the error is showing. I am currently using the internet from my mobile phone. This is why I’m having so much trouble using my computer. Guys, I don’t know why this is happening and how to fix this issue. Please help me to solve the problem. Any help will be appreciated.
drooly

Re: Unable To Fix DNS Server Not-Responding Issue

Post by drooly »

Garyvance wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:00 pm Hello friends. I have not been able to solve a computer’s internet problem for the last 2 days, that is, every time I try to connect the Internet to my computer, the DNS server not responding, the error is showing. I am currently using the internet from my mobile phone. This is why I’m having so much trouble using my computer. Guys, I don’t know why this is happening and how to fix this issue. Please help me to solve the problem. Any help will be appreciated.
How are you connecting?
What distro?
What networking software? NetworkManager I presume?
How do you know it's just the DNS not responding? Can you ping numerical IPs?

Answer all questions in full detail please, then show us:

Code: Select all

ping -c3 -4 google.com
ping -c3 -6 google.com
ping -c3 8.8.8.8
ping -c3 -6 2001:4860:4860::8888