Lubuntu Wireless Problem - Disconnection

Having problems getting connected to the internet or getting your wireless card to work? Ask here.
amjjawad

Lubuntu Wireless Problem - Disconnection

Post by amjjawad »

Hi,

Isn't it funny that the very first topic on the Technical Support Forum for Lubuntu is made by me? :D

I'm glad that Wild Man is on broad ;)

Ok, it does not matter what release of Lubuntu I use, it seems that the Wireless Issue has been a pain in the neck. Lubuntu 12.04, 12.10, and 13.04, all of these releases have the same issue, more or less frequent but still have it.

Code: Select all

*-network               
       description: Wireless interface
       product: PRO/Wireless 3945ABG [Golan] Network Connection
       vendor: Intel Corporation
       physical id: 0
       bus info: pci@0000:02:00.0
       logical name: wlan0
       version: 02
       serial: 00:19:d2:b8:99:77
       width: 32 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list ethernet physical wireless
       configuration: broadcast=yes driver=iwl3945 driverversion=3.8.0-19-generic firmware=15.32.2.9 ip=192.168.2.12 latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11abg
       resources: irq:43 memory:fdfff000-fdffffff
Disconnections to the point that I want to pull my hair and I always end up with plugging my LAN Cable and finish this endless story. But if truth to be told, I'm not happy with that and I want to learn how to fix that + I want to get rid of it.
By the way, I can't connect back in 80% of these disconnections no matter how long I wait or how many times I try. That is why I have to go the wired connection path.

How to do that? what am I suppose to do?

Feel Free to contact me: http://amjjawad.net
rokytnji

Re: Lubuntu Wireless Problem - Disconnection

Post by rokytnji »

Good start

sudo echo uname: && uname -a -m -p && echo lspci: && lspci && echo lsusb -t: && lsusb -t && echo lsmod: && lsmod && echo ifconfig: && ifconfig  && echo ifconfig -a: && ifconfig -a && echo iwconfig: && iwconfig && echo resolv.conf: && cat /etc/resolv.conf && echo route: && route -n

sudo ip addr show

sudo  ip link show

lspci -vv -s 0c:00.0

watch -n 1 cat /proc/net/wireless

wavemon
Just to get you started on trouble shooting. 8-) (you'll probably have to install wavemon=sudo apt-get update, then sudo apt-get install wavemon)
Amrel RT 786ex 1.6ghz, 512MB ram , AntiX 8.5 core, Biker Linux user # 475019
Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way
My AntiX LXDE Install
Rex Bouwense

Re: Lubuntu Wireless Problem - Disconnection

Post by Rex Bouwense »

I am not trying to do anything evil but it is kind of ironic. Fortunately I have never had a wireless problem with Lubuntu 11.04, 11.10, 12.04, 12.10 and of course 13.04 (run from a flash drive). I will follow this avidly awaiting a solution to the problem. ;) :geek:
Rex