Unable to manage connections

Having problems getting connected to the internet or getting your wireless card to work? Ask here.
crazypen

Unable to manage connections

Post by crazypen »

Hi to all,
I freshly installed LxDE by a Minimal Ubuntu CD. Actually I succeed in connecting by eth cable, because I think that the system automatically gets all the data required. I installed Network Manager also because I need to scan wi-fi networks,and I wish to choose either LAN or wireless connection, since I'm using a notebook.

I updated NetworkManager.conf. Actually it lists all the networks, but when I try to join my wi-fi, the answer is that Network Manageris not authorised to control networks. Maybe there's another service doing the same work, but I don't know its name and path.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Rex Bouwense

Re: Unable to manage connections

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the LXDE forum. Is it correct to say that you installed Ubuntu (what version?) using a minimal install and then installed the LXDE desktop? Or did you do a minimal install of Lubuntu?
Have you enabled Wi-Fi? You can do that by clicking on the icon in the LXPanel.
Rex
crazypen

Post by crazypen »

Yes I Installed Ubuntu minimal 13.10 then I chose Lxde Desktop because it's very light.
I downloaded and installed NetworkManager since I was unable to find connection icon on systray and on panel. Then I rebooted the system but I'm not able to manage connections.
edward

Post by edward »

You may have another network manager (e.g. WICD) installed, check to see if perhaps another one is installed.

NetworkManager should otherwise work fine.
Debian Sid - LXDE