Can't connect wirelessly with netbooik

Having problems getting connected to the internet or getting your wireless card to work? Ask here.
Bromax2

Can't connect wirelessly with netbooik

Post by Bromax2 »

I am trying to connect a netbook (Compaq CQ 110c Mini) using wireless Linksys router (and Ubuntu 13.10). No available wireless connections appear (only option to set up VPN). (This computer connects fine with Win XP.) My desktop (HP DX2200) connects fine wirelessly with Lubuntu 13.10. (Available netowork connection is noted on left top corner of screen after boot and appears in bar below,) Can you help?
Rex Bouwense

Re: Can't connect wirelessly with netbooik

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Hi and welcome to the LXDE forum. Have you enabled Networking and Wi-Fi. You can do this by right clicking the network connection icon in the LXPanel and choosing Enable Networking and Enable Wi-Fi. Also make sure your Wi-Fi button is turned on. I am not familiar with your hardware but on my ASUS EeePC I toogle Fn + F2 and that turns it on and off.

After I posted this, I noticed that seppalta had posted in the topic just below yours with a site
http://lxlinux.com/#16
He maintains that site. If the quick fixes that I mentioned do not work for you or you have already tried them, go to his site and that should point you in the right direction.
Last edited by Rex Bouwense on Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Additional information
Rex