Item in menu does not work at all

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
oui

Item in menu does not work at all

Post by oui »

Hi, In Debian9.0/LXQT I find an Item in the LXQT menu that does not work any more. I suppose it is a (unwellcome) trace of the installation of the Gnome browser Epiphany as the item is named "web". How to look what app the menu item is pointing on to erase the probably not clean removed Epiphany (it is not in /usr/share/applications and not in /usr/bin! I don't know any more where Epiphany install itself...)?
Rex Bouwense

Re: Item in menu does not work at all

Post by Rex Bouwense »

I assume that you are aware that LXQT is still in development. That being said have you looked in /etc
Config files are stored in both areas
Rex
drooly

Post by drooly »

possible candidates:

a) delete menu cache somewhere in ~/.cache
oui

Post by oui »

Hi drooly

Thank you very much for that indication. I did find in ~/.cache a LOT of old caches i have erased now because the applications (browsers: I did test all including opera, and, actually qutebrowser) are not in use any more.

And I did find really as you did indicate a subdir «menus» and in it a chiffred (as it's name) doc, a simple text doc, easy to open and understand. It is the LXQT menu. I did erase the wrong item and restart. No effect. After that I did erase the chiffred doc completely and restart. No effect, after start a new identical document is again in .../.cache/menus !
oui

Re: Item in menu does not work at all in Debian9.0RC

Post by oui »

Hi
I did reinstall epiphany-browser as it is working and I don't find some one based on Qt according to the use of the lxQT version of lx :mrgreen: and die hope to eliminate the menu problem :idea:

no! the problem stay twice:

a/ the item "web" appears now twice :oops:
b/ both have no own in the menu and no own icon, of course, in the bottom tray of lxqt :!: (but an icon "tooth wheel" for "application" appears in the tray permitting to hit on it

The problem is probably not on the size of Lxqt but on the side of the package of epiphany in Debian (in Kubuntu 17.04, the icon appears in both!) but as I don't know which entries Lxqt is using to build the menu (probably not /usr/share/applications?) I can't make it better :| ...